Tuesday, July 5, 2011

The Best Music I Never Heard!

Survived another holiday weekend. Now it's Tuesday, a shorter week and I guess less time on my hands. Did I mention that I love music! I love business! I hate the music business!! Like the rest of us I take my "i" something device to the gym with me and plug into my car for my own one hit wonder play list. Every once in a while I'll slip up and turn on the radio.. A funny thing happened this morning when a local station was announcing they were playing a brand new song from the band Train (who I like alot and always have) so I stayed tuned to hear "Save Me San Francisco". I found this odd as this is the title track to their now over two year old current CD, but I guess since "Soul Sister" exploded for them all the other songs can be considered new. Maybe "Drops Of Jupiter" will be their next "new song"!? Now I don't blame Train or the record company for this, it makes sense in today's music scene. It's all about that one song, then you can swim around for a while till that next one song, if not you'll be playing fairs and weddings sooner than you think.
I want more new bands and new music to be heard. I want everyone to be able to hear at least three new songs every day! Love one, hate one, be out to lunch on one, let one grow on you. If you don't you'll end up like most of us saying, "THAT'S THE BEST SONG I NEVER HEARD!!"

Deanla

No comments:

Post a Comment