Thursday, July 7, 2011

Music For Today And Everyday!

 Yesterday I left off posing the question if No Doubt will rule again with their new "Untitled" CD. After having all night to think about this (yea, I know, get a life..) I've come to the conclusion...probably. As long as they still have any of the edge left from being one of the very cool ska bands that came out of the OC in the '90's. This is where I get to throw down mad love and RIP to Bradley Nowell and Sublime for bringing us such great ska/reggae sounds during that time out of Long Beach. All right, enough about No Doubt for now, I'm sure Gwen Stefani doesn't need any help with extra publicity.
 I do want to tell you about a very worthwhile radio show that is expanding it's syndication reach (and if I have anything to do with it will be a national staple). The show is Luke Crampton's Lost and Found and is broadcast  on Sunday morning's currently on 13 stations around the country. You can also listen online and check out archive shows. www.lostandfoundradio.com. Luke is basically broadcasting all the music that I want to write about (not exactly all, but the idea is similar). He is playing international artists with no CD release in the US, playing some great one hit wonders, acoustic stuff, unreleased gems, it's all over the place and quite frankly it's refreshing as hell to hear!! I've enjoyed reaching out to find more music from some of the artists I've never heard before and recommend you do the same...or at least wait for me to tell you about them.
 There is a new artist that sent me links to her music recently and I must say I really like what I hear. She has a nice range, pleasant melodies and the music is produced clean with Pop undertones. I think it's music you would hear on the radio. Her name is Allison Gray. Check out one of her original songs "Be Bad" and she also does some killer covers. Here is a link to her music: 
http://www.theallisongray.com
Also, check out her new cover of the Maroon5/Christina Aguilera song - "Moves Like Jagger". Enjoy:
http://www.youtube.com/user/allisongraymusic

That's all for today, so until tomorrow, unless I find myself in the Spanish City of Pamplona running with the bulls, keep reading and love to listen to something new!!

No comments:

Post a Comment